Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Week In Melbourne

Within the past few days a lot has happened! On Monday, Matt started his first day at PwC Melbourne. Of course, the high anticipation led to nervousness but after he got acclimated, he really got to enjoy his new location and colleagues. Everyone that he has met professionally, coworkers or clients, have been extremely welcoming and accommodating. He even had his first after hr drinks on Friday with a few of his new PwC friends.

I have also been fortunate in the business world. On Wednesday, I had my 2nd interview with Rachel, the store manager, at Lululemon. She was so impressed with me that she invited me back the very next day to do a 2 hr trial run on the floor. I showed up with my Lululemon attire on Thursday and was ready to show them my retail skills. I got wonderful feedback from all of the Educators as well as the Managers working. Yep, Educators… that’s what they call all sales associates. One of the reasons why they are called Educators is because they are required to take a 30hr training course before starting the job and to also participate in continuing education throughout his/her job at Lululemon. To make a long story short, I am now officially employed with Lululemon as an Educator! I am super thrilled and can’t wait to start my new career in the next few weeks.

On a side note, Lululemon is a yoga inspired retail store that sells running, yoga, and leisure apparel. The company works interactively as an organization to encourage goals setting and excellence in both the personal and professional lives of everyone involved. Just screams Erica doesn’t it?!?!

Last night, Matt and I joined some of his colleagues and PwC clients at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds (MCG) to watch Collingwood play North Melbourne in Australian League Football or “footy”. His company rented out a box and provided us with food, beverage, and a great time. I got to meet some of his new friends and enjoyed them tremendously. Matt and I even won some money betting on the game! Us “newbies” showed the Aussies how it’s done back in the states J I tell you what, AFL is extremely fun to watch! Maybe some day, the US will pick up the sport! I highly recommend everyone checking it out. It combines soccer, football, basketball, lacrosse, and even UFC. It’s unreal.

Now, I’ve saved the best for last! Today, we got to take our baby home from puppy prison! Jackson has officially settled in to our apartment in St Kilda and seems to feel right at home. He has lost a few pounds but no worries; he has probably gained it all back today. We have both felt so guilty putting him through the 30 days of quarantine that we pleasured him with various treats and toys once he got home.

Well, off to take Jackson for a long walk! I hope everyone is doing well! I would love to hear from you all too! Send me an email or message on Facebook. Cheers!

P.S. Happy Mum’s Day to all those Mummy’s out there!

1 comment: